IIEE in collaboration with Directorate General of New, Renewable Energy & Energy Conservation, Ministry of Energy & Mineral Resources conduct Energy Saving Ambassador program. It is an education program for high school students focusing on energy conservation. Each school will be represented by a teacher to be assigned as Energy Manager and twenty students as Energy Saving Ambassadors.
The objectives of this program are as follows:
- Introduce the basics of energy, energy conservation, and energy efficiency
- Develop energy saving behavior from an early age
- Increase the active role of school in energy education
- Obtain information on household energy consumption
- Socialization to schools
Participants will be introduced to basic of energy conservation and energy saving techniques through fun workshops, watching movies, storytelling and site visit. The Energy Saving Ambassadors will also join training for public speaking.
- Practices and Knowledge Sharing
Energy Saving Ambassadors are encouraged to disseminate knowledge about energy saving activities with their friends and family in hopes that they will also engage in such behaviors.
- Investigation of Energy Consumption
Energy Saving Ambassadors will be assigned to investigate their own household electricity consumption through simplified calculation and collecting electricity bills.
In order to encourage all of the students to embrace the energy saving habits into their daily life, there will be electricity saving competition between schools. School with the most electricity saving during 3 months competition will be awarded as The Best School. On the other hand, the most creative Energy Manager who come up with unique program to decrease the electricity consumption in their school will be awarded as The Best Energy Manager. Moreover, the most outstanding Energy Saving Ambassadors team in engaging their friends and families in energy saving implementation in school and at home will be awarded as The Best Energy Saving Ambassadors.
- Monitoring and Sustaining the Program
- Energy Ambassador program was previously conducted in SMKN 1 Probolinggo in 2013-2014, in collaboration with Pertamina Foundation. The Energy Ambassadors were introduced to alternatives energy for instance micro hydro power.
- Energy Ambassador program was conducted in SMP Lengkong Wetan, Tangerang in 2014, in collaboration with a storyteller community, Nusantara Bertutur. The Energy Ambassadors joined workshops of introduction to basics of energy at Goethe Institut Jakarta.
We invite institutions and companies to support this program through CSR fund or other funding mechanism. Currently, we propose for 15 junior and/or senior high schools in Bandung as the target of the program. However, the location and number of school participants are open to further discussion.
For more information, please contact our Outreach Division:
Ade Djunainah (firstname.lastname@example.org)