To become a reliable and prominent institution in the studies of energy economics to support sustainable energy resources management and utilization in Indonesia
- To increase public knowledge and people’s awareness of the importance of efficient and sustainable energy resource management and utilization.
- Building the capacity of communities to enable them participate actively in the management and conservation of energy resources.
- To enhance the formulation and enforcement of energy policies for sustainable development in Indonesia.
- Provide information and analysis on the development of the energy sector and economic development of the country that are relevant for meeting people’s needs for affordable and environmentally friendly energy resources.
- Encourage and facilitate participatory process in the planning, management and utilization of energy efficiently at the national and regional levels.
- Advocate public policies and encourage efforts for the development of alternative energy resources and facilitate people’s participation in obtaining access to and in the provision and utilization of energies.